[Bioclusters] Maui "Silver"

Rayson Ho bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:34:06 -0800 (PST)

Silver sits on top of Maui, and AFAIK, it does not support other
schedulers.

Well, not a problem for PBS or PBSPro (since the PBS scheduler is
simple, and a lot of people use Maui to replace the brain-dead).

However, I don't think Maui supports Condor; and if you replace the SGE
scheduler with Maui, you will lose a lot -- at least Maui does not
support job arrays.

I still think that Globus is better for your configuration... and SGE
has newer Globus integrations:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/tog.html
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/josh.html

Can u tell us what problems u encountered with Globus??

Rayson