[Bioclusters] SGE user_share

Chris Dwan bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 6 May 2004 14:12:00 -0500

> I take it you are running SGE (not Enterprise Edition?)

If the way you can tell the difference is the file:
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/product_mode, then I'm running "sgeee".  If
there is some other way to tell the difference between the two modes,
I'm not aware of it.

> What you really need to do is set up share-tree policy for your
> cluster.
> What that involves is creating a default 'project' which users submit
> jobs to, then also creating users within SGE so that it can keep track
> of accounting information.

This seems to make your question above very pertinent, since the
"share_tree" manual page indicates:

       The share tree object is only available in case of a Grid Engine
Enter-
        prise Edition system. Grid Engine has no share tree object.

Thanks for the pointer to the use cases document.  I'll give it a whirl
and see what happens.  If it becomes more complex than installing Maui,
I'll do that instead.  :)

-Chris Dwan