[Bioclusters] mpiblast users, I need your help

Alan Kilian kilian at bobodyne.com
Sun Jan 23 21:29:53 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 00:29 -0800, Mike Cariaso wrote:

> I've got a small test case that reproducibly crashes
> for me. I was hoping a few others on the list could
> run it and tell me how it behaves for them.

  Mike,

    I can't run your search using mpiblast, but I ran it on our
    hardware accelerated machine, and I have posted the results
    at http://www.bobodyne.com/TimeLogic/mpiblastcrash.results

    I'm sorry I can't help with your specific problem, but maybe
    you or someone else can look at the results and help you figure
    out what's going wrong with your system.

    My guess is that the 23651 symbol exact match is somehow causing
    problems.

    If you have other sequences you need help with to keep your project
    going, feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can to help.

                             -Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622