[Bioclusters] mpiblast users, I need your help

Mike Cariaso cariaso at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 03:27:22 EST 2005

>     My guess is that the 23651 symbol exact match is
> somehow causing
>     problems.

Your guess sounds plausible. I wouldn't be the least
bit surprised to discover that all of my failing
sequences were highly conserved regions.

>     If you have other sequences you need help with
> to keep your project
>     going, feel free to contact me and I'll do what
> I can to help.

My focus is on building a tool. The specific sequences
are only of interest as test cases. So I don't think
that will be necessary. But your insight has already
been valuable.

Thank you

While I'm still interested in hearing whether other
mpiblast users can successfully run that sequence,
perhaps the mpiblast developers could theorize whether
large exact matches might be problematic?

=====
Mike Cariaso